▷ Are there CRMs for small businesses?
CRM systems have at least 30 years in the market, but there's still controversy about whether or not they serve small companies. Find out what is the solution to the failures you experience in your business.
You listen to it in thousands of meetings and you read it more and more often in social networks: the management of CRM is one of the fundamental pieces for a company to work well.
However, the reality falls flat with this statement so categorical when you find that sellers of small and medium-sized companies don't use the CRM only because of prejudice. Has it happened to you?
When chatting with some clients, I find that they see CRM as complicated software to be implemented by the vendors and expensive for company owners.😒😒
CRM systems have at least 30 years in the market, and there's still controversy about whether or not they serve small companies.
Myths and truths about types of CRM
It is clear that these two assumptions are based on negative considerations. So, I have good news: neither are 100% true.
It is convenient to take some myths apart about the CRM definition and for that reason, we have worked in this article from Sirena.💪💪💪
Before starting, it is essential to bear in mind that:
- The goal of implementing a CRM will always benefit the relationship of your company with customers and therefore will result in more sales and better service
- It's not your company that must adapt to CRM, but the other way around: the system should facilitate your business model.
As you know, it is possible to include software, programs, tools and apps within CRM through which the actions of the vendors of your company are in a space shared by all its members.
Both calls and tasks, notes, emails, WhatsApp talks and leads from your social networks are then available as information for the entire company.
This is very relevant nowadays, when the sales channels multiply by leaps and bounds. It is increasingly common to define the nature of the omnichannel.
Have you lost some leads just by being disorganized with your salespeople and the traffic they receive? The problem of being overtaken by data.😒😒
Look at the statistics of a recent study conducted by Hubspot:
I do everything right but the CRM software fails
Take it easy: I have seen this case several times.
Renowned author Paul Greenberg, an expert in Marketing, warns that it is necessary to think even of Social CRM as a strategy to get to know our clients through everything they have told us, no matter what means.
Namely, the CRM aims to facilitate the integration of the company to improve the relationship with the most important base of your company: the customer.
To provide our clients with what they want, the way they want it so that they don't think about competition is, in Greenberg's words, the function of CRM.
We learned a lot of theory until now. But finally sellers of small companies tend to be reluctant to implement these new tools that don't show them their benefits in the first place.
I understand them: who wants to waste time in the management of CRM if you're not convinced that it will result in sales success?
For samples, these statistics are enough, also elaborated by Hubspot:
It's clear: investing in a CRM system is not a priority in companies.
In contrast to this trend, it is proven that the companies that give rise to the customer experience generate more than 60% of sales.😎
What to do, then?
Let's quickly review some of the most popular types of CRM used by medium-sized companies. Some CRM examples:
- Salesforce CRM It is one of the most popular solutions in this field, used by more than 150,000 companies around the world.
- Zoho CRM. It's intuitive and easy to use for your staff. It offers a free version and another with a flexible price that can be paid monthly or annually.
- Suma CRM. It is another simple option to use. Strength: the solution in management. It has a free version, but only for 20 days.
- Molecule CRM. In line with the others, it's simple to use and intuitive to use. Strengths: it allows you to take your company's billing system, including inventory control, purchases, sales, orders and even treasury. It highlights its integration with other programs, such as Skype.
- Nube CRM: Among its strengths are mobility (it can be accessed from any location and any device, in case we are not in the office) and allows to communicate to all departments of the company (commercial, financial, production, even post -sale).
It sounds wonderful, right? Why then do small companies find limitations in the use of CRM?
According to a study cited by the CIO magazine, it is estimated that the failure rate of CRM projects reaches a third.😒😒
The failures are not usually technical and can cover a range of issues ranging from data integrity problems to technological limitations, including the relationship between different areas of the companies.
All cases have in common that CRM doesn't help the business grow.
Let's see a series of disadvantages:
- The process of launching the CRM is cumbersome. This tortuous experience consists of several steps:
- The preparation of the field to use it.
- The analysis of the needs of different sectors of the company.
- The implementation, that is, the configuration and the approach of the app.
- The start-up itself, which includes the training of users.
- The management of the transition, which at the beginning may feel like a kind of "limbo effect".
- The vendors find it very tedious to load their client's data in the CRM. That's why they prefer not to use them and carry out communications over the phone, even with their personal cell phones. However, let's be honest: a CRM system without data will never work. The data is the heart and the most valuable part of the system.
- The teams often consider too many objectives that the software will not solve, since the problem is usually elsewhere. They often lose focus and don't know clearly what they want.
- It is often forgotten that the CRM is just a tool, and as such, you have to have a human team behind you to know how to address your sales goals. That is why we warn that the problem of failure is not technical.
And ... How do you realize that the CRM you chose is failing, before it's too late?
Let's see some clues that have to do with more subjective issues, dealing with the staff, and not so much with the technical. Putting an eye on the users and their work habits will clarify things.
- In your company you still can't achieve that the marketing area works as a whole with the sales area in order to care for the client. If your CRM is functional for your company, it should serve as a "bridge" between both sectors, to be truly integrated.
- Check the expectations of CRM users. Did they get involved enough?
- This is a key factor for the success of the project. It is likely that, for example, the sellers who now complain about the failure of the CRM, were the ones who boycotted it from the beginning. Overall, there was no real team work.
- Those expectations, were they in accordance with reality? It is likely that these expectations could only be met through a fine personalized work with customers and not with CRM, which, as we said, is just one tool in this whole mess!
What does the Sirena App offer to those who claim to be "CRM for SMEs"?🙋♂️
As I mentioned above, in Sirena we detected the pitfall that small-sized business sellers find when using a CRM, and that is why we have focused on solving them.
So we created Sirena, an extremely simple communication tool compared to everything we mentioned before. In addition, it is integrated to all the most used channels in your company.
What does the Sirena app offer when talking about a CRM for small companies?🙋♂️
- Sirena does not require a laborious implementation, unlike other giant CRMs like Salesforce. For small companies, we know that this is a relief, because you can't lose valuable time in long adaptations. In this type of companies, it is urgent to take good care of existing clients and add new ones.
- It's Mobile First. From your phone, each vendor accesses the platform and manages communications from there. Because of this, it complies with the global BYOD trend.
- It's omnichannel, since it includes telephony, WhatsApp Business, e-mail and Facebook to facilitate communications between vendors and customers.
And, in addition...
🏁 Sirena is ideal for the last stage of the sales process: one in which sellers make direct contact with the potential customer.
Let's stop here. We know that a central part of your business is communication with your customers. That's why we developed the integration of Sirena with WhatsApp Business. While it is an excellent conversational marketing tool, WhatsApp is not infallible. With Sirena App you can integrate WhatsApp Business to achieve greater potential.
How does Sirena work with WhatsApp Business?
- The follow-up of the entire sales process that your salespeople carry out, which was previously lost because they didn't know what they were wrong about and what they were doing right.
- The possibility of having all the conversations in one place, without the need to repeat sales processes and speeches until you get tired.
- Immediate attention from your sellers, without delays that may incur the possible loss of a sale.
Another development for small companies that you will surely find useful is the integration with Salesforce CRM, made through its public API. Sirena has designed this tool thinking specifically about the needs of growing companies, which must attend a large number of customers in an agile and committed manner.🏃♀️🏃♀️🏃♀️.
How does it work?
Sirena extracts the data from those leads loaded in Salesforce so that the sellers initiate a direct communication from the channel they deem most convenient.
- The interactions between sellers and customers are automatically recorded in Sirena and the contact statuses are updated in Salesforce. In this way, the teams can make an exhaustive follow-up of each communication.
- The app notifies sellers when a new customer wants to be contacted. Using a system similar to that of Uber, the seller who first responds to the request stays with the client and initiates the contact immediately.
- Sirena also allows you to transfer contacts between vendors and leave a written note so relay can track the contact. Nothing is lost.
- It is the ideal solution for companies that must manage a large number of clients quickly and efficiently and have already implemented a CRM.
From my experience, when thinking about including a CRM in your company, it doesn't help to get carried away by prejudices and myths. I recommend then two stands on this:
- Contemplate that the use of a CRM has to benefit your relationship with customers, taking care of existing ones and generating new contacts.
- Remember that you don't have to do it alone. Sirena will be there to make things easier for you and integrate all your communication channels.😎